Wednesday 9 March 2011

Lots to share!

So as promised, I wanted to share some of my LO's from the wonderful Sarahs Cards retreat this weekend.

The first is from a class by Vanessa; I was horrified to hear that we had to punch holes in our photos...... HOLES IN PHOTOS!!!! I started to get very nervous about doing this, but actually its a fab technique that I have already used again, so thankyou Vanessa!!!

The colours were also a little out of my comfort zone as I tend to be a bit "pink" and rarely use primary colours, but I'm pleased with the end result & its so nice to try new things;



The Second class was Nat's and this really pushed me as I had to do lots of sewing (yes I really did sew!). I havent finished it yet so will blog it later once I have. However, it did involve making a cute little felt owl, which was bagged by my DD Tigs as soon as she saw it, as she is in Owl class at school. Mads then proceeded to have a huge tantrum as she wanted a hedgehog as she's in hedgehog class.

So I had a go and was told they had to be stuffed toys.... omg!!!

Tigs was over the moon with hers:


Mads however, looked at the sorry excuse for a hedgehog & said "oh well at least you tried Mummy"!!



Ha ha! you can see her point!!! THIS is why I do not sew!

On the Friday evening we could all participate in a sketch challenge and this is my effort:


(for some reason these havent photographed very well?)

Note that I actually used brand new stash that I bought from the shop; lush Sassafrass papers & blooms etc, very unlike me not to save & stroke!

On Sunday I was delighted to find out that the lovely DT voted me runner up!!! I won some gorgeous MME Lush goodies:


Thank you lovely ladies, I'm very flattered & very happy!!!

Next was a gorgeous class by Claire, using some of my favourite papers from Websters & misting, another of my faves :)

I just loved this class, the intricate cutting is soooo up my street!!!



Then we had a class with the lovely Liane which used some really pretty papers; Dear Lizzie from AC & some lovely paper lace, again it was different for me, I was desperate to distress more & ink!!!



Finally a LO of my own that I did during the cropping time on Saturday (in between several games of bingo; Tracy was the caller & had us all in stitches when she kept getting fits of the giggles!)

I stayed up till 3.15 finishing this & I wasnt the last to bed!!! Another of my purchases used here; more Sassafrass. I also used an Inkadinkadoo stamp & the little picket fence is a digi download from Websters that I think I will be using lots more of!




I'll blog the other LO's when I've finished the one from Nat's class later this week, but for now:

LISTENING: To the girls wriggling around in their beds & the dog snoring!
EATING: nothing, I ate far too much at lunchtime!
DRINKING: Aero hot chocolate mmmmm!
WEARING: Pink flowery PJ's
FEELING: chilled out
WEATHER: dark !!!
WANTING: to scrap but...
NEEDING: an early night & I know if I start a page I'll be up late!
THINKING: This post has taken ages!!!
ENJOYING: feeling comfy in my pj's
WONDERING: if I can just start a page & stop after an hour & a half? .....

Thanks for stopping by, Nanite all
Claire xxx

7 comments:

  1. Your LOs look fab Claire and as for your sewing well what can I say lol, (I dread to think what me attempts would look like)
    Love how the last page turned out, I didn't see it finished. Those alphas look great and I love the little picket fence.
    Have you taken the plunge and booked for November?! Go on you know you want to lol.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely LOs and great to see how you've all made your own individual LOs from each class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that hedgehog is classic Claire, sorry I've got a fit of the giggles here!!!!It's a work of art my girl !!!!!!
    It was really lovely to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your layouts - didnt get to see your winning one at the retreat - well deserved it is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Claire. Love all those pretty LOs. Teehee you might be best sticking to scrapbooking rather than sewing!!! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Claire all of those layouts are fantastic - I love the primary colours in the first one and then all the intricate detail of each and every one of the others - congrats on the win during the weekend - thoroughly deserved given the gorgeous gorgeous layouts that you've done, love the little owl and giggled at your daughters response to the hedgehog - bless they are not the easiest of creatures to generate in felt!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see some of your layouts - it amazes me how we all did the same classes but they all turn out slightly different. Look forward to seeing the rest of them later.

    ReplyDelete